HomeAbout UsAuto ServiceConvenience StoreTouch Free EZ WashHoursLinksContact Us
 

Billingsley BP Service Center & Towing has evolved from a modest beginning in 1947.  Henry and Garnet Billingsley unknowingly created a name in the automotive repair industry that would withstand generations.  They owned numerous locations in the Decatur area that were operated together with their 9 children before settling down at 1725 South Franklin Street with the opening of Billingsley Standard in April 1970.  With the goal of serving the growing community with honest and quality auto repair, the Billingsley's have endured decades of changes and growth.  Beginning in April 1979, the business would be owned and operated by Henry's son David and his wife Sharon for the next 29 years.  Now in it's third generation, this location is now owned and operated by David's son Jay and his wife Amber, who purchased the the family business on January 1, 2009. Opened as a repair shop and gas station, it has evolved into a one stop shop for Decatur and the surrounding areas. The gas station is now complimented by a convenience store, and two touchless car washes.

Billingsley/HenryB.jpeg
Henry Billingsley in August 1969

Billingsley/BP-oldpic4.jpeg



Billingsley/BP-oldpic4.jpeg

Billingsley/BPoldpic2.jpeg
Billingsley Amoco as it was in the early 1980's